Firefighters called after snake causes house fire - The Stratford Observer
Online Editions

19th Aug, 2022

Firefighters called after snake causes house fire

A SNAKE wrapped around a heat lamp has caused a house fire in Napton.

Neighbours raised the alarm around 4.30pm on Friday (May 12) when they saw smoke billowing from the High Street property, which was unoccupied at the time.

Firefighters discovered the 3ft corn snake wrapped around the tank’s heat lamp, causing it to overheat.

The crew reported some smoke damage to the room and said the reptile ‘did not fair too well.’

Reader Travel

Check out all of the latest reader travel offers to get your hands on some free gifts.

Announcements

Weddings, Birthdays, Bereavements, Thank you notices, Marriages and more.

Public Notices

View and download all of the public notices in the Stratford Observer.

Business Directory

From plumbers, to restaurants, we can provide you with all the info you need.