Firefighters tackle chimney blaze in Dorsington - The Stratford Observer
Online Editions

12th Aug, 2022

Firefighters tackle chimney blaze in Dorsington

Stratford Editorial 5th Jan, 2016 Updated: 28th Oct, 2016

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a chimney blaze at a home in Dorsington.

The owner of the home in Dorsington Road made a 999 call around 9.45pm on Friday (January 1) after discovering the chimney on fire.

Although the blaze was out by the time crews arrived, they then spent half an hour ensuring the chimney was safe.

The blaze is the latest in a series of chimney fires in recent weeks and comes despite repeated warnings from Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service.

They say chimneys of smokeless coal fires and oil and gas fires should be swept at least once a year, butiminous coal fires twice per year while wood fires should be swept up to four times per year.

Reader Travel

Check out all of the latest reader travel offers to get your hands on some free gifts.

Property Finder 24/7

Search for properties in Worcestershire, Warwickshire and the West Midlands.


Receive a weekly update to your inbox by signing up to our weekly newsletter.

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Stratford Observer.