School closed after fire breaks out - The Stratford Observer
Online Editions

19th Aug, 2022

School closed after fire breaks out

Laura Kearns 12th Jun, 2018 Updated: 12th Jun, 2018

A BLAZE at a school led to an impromptu day off for youngsters.

Firefighters were called to Croft School in Stratford at around 9pm on Monday (June 11) where they found a tumble dryer alight.

No one was hurt in the fire.

It took around an hour and a half to put out the blaze and vent the smoke from the building on Alveston Hill.

Today (Tuesday) the school made the decision to close but was set to open tomorrow.

A school spokesman said: “Due to a very unfortunate event there has been a fire in the kitchen area. Everyone is safe.”

Book an Advert

Book your newspaper advert with our online advert creation tool.

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Stratford Observer.

Recruitment

Find a career you'll love with our free career finder website.

Printing

We can provide all of your printing needs at competitive rates.