Stratford man encouraging people to be healthier and happier - The Stratford Observer
Online Editions

12th Aug, 2022

Stratford man encouraging people to be healthier and happier

WATCHING his dad battle cancer was the wake up call for a Stratford man to change his lifestyle.

Byron Morrison went from working in marketing to being an author and lifestyle and weight loss coach all while transforming his own approach to food and exercise.

The 29 year-old says five years ago he paid no attention to his health, was three stone heavier and lived a sedentary life. He suffered with low self confidence and struggled to deal with stress and the ups and downs of life.

But when his dad was diagnosed with bowel cancer his outlook on life changed.

One in five deaths each year are linked to poor dietary and lifestyle choices which Byron believes is evidence in itself that people need to be aware of the consequences but also how they can change.

Byron was planning to move to Bristol to take a job with a top marketing agency , but gave it all up and signed up to study nutrition and started writing his book ‘Become a Better You’.

Byron told The Observer: “I could win the lottery tomorrow and I wouldn’t stop what I’m doing now though because I love it so much.

“I love cake, chocolate, ice cream, all stuff like that so I’d be a hypocrite I told someone they have to give them up. It’s all about balance – I say if you can eat 80 per cent healthy foods then for the other 20 per cent you can enjoy a treat.

“I want to help other people now – I genuinely didn’t realise how bad I felt until I made a change to my lifestyle.

“It would be great to make an impact on a national level to change the way people view food. That’s my long term goal.”

Byron does not believe in ‘one-size-fits-all’ diet and fitness programs and he helps clients to adapt their choices and routine to fit around work, children and education.

He regularly features on radio shows and podcasts across the UK, America and Canada, sharing his story.

He feels because of the current obesity and chronic disease epidemic it is more important than ever to raise awareness about the need for a balanced diet and to exercise.

Byron’s book Become a Better You is available to buy on Amazon. Visit www.tailoredlifestyles.co.uk for more information.

Recruitment

Find a career you'll love with our free career finder website.

Printing

We can provide all of your printing needs at competitive rates.

Announcements

Weddings, Birthdays, Bereavements, Thank you notices, Marriages and more.

Reader Travel

Check out all of the latest reader travel offers to get your hands on some free gifts.