Warning from fire chiefs to register household appliances - The Stratford Observer
Online Editions

7th Aug, 2022

Warning from fire chiefs to register household appliances

FAULTY appliances have caused some 40 fires across Warwickshire in the last year.

And Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service is urging residents to register their appliances so they can be aware of any manufacturer faults.

Everyday appliances from kettles to fan heaters and washing machines and hobs, can be registered even if they are not new or secondhand.

Many manufacturers are also rewarding customers who register appliances by automatically entering them into prize draws.

Station commander Keith McDermott said: “Registering your appliances is a quick and very important task to make sure that you are made aware of any manufacturer faults or recalls to help prevent fires in your home.

“If a fire were to occur in your home, you should have smoke alarms fitted on each level of your home and make sure you test these regularly to ensure they are working correctly and are able to provide you with an early warning which can aid your escape.”

Visit www.registermyappliance.org.uk to register any appliances and visit www.warwickshire.gov.uk/firesafety for advice on preventing fires.

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Stratford Observer.

Recruitment

Find a career you'll love with our free career finder website.

Printing

We can provide all of your printing needs at competitive rates.

Digital Advertising

Advertise on the Stratford Observer to boost your online presence.