A SAFETY-CONSCIOUS youngster has been named Junior Fire Safety Champion.
Phoebe Bennett from Temple Herdewyke Primary School in Southam was presented with a trophy and £25 WH Smith voucher by Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service after she identified potential fire hazards in her home.
During a school visit, fire crews talk about smoke alarms, kitchen and electrical safety and a night time ‘turn it off’ routine.
The session included a hazard spotting exercise, which children are asked to complete for real at home.
All the checks are sent to the fire service for a monthly prize draw.
Safety spokesman Coun Howard Roberts said: “I would like to say well done to Phoebe on her Junior Fire Safety Champion certificate and prize and for taking part in the scheme which provides the service with a great way of engaging with young people from a very early age.
“It’s clear from the enthusiasm from the pupils and the schools taking part, that it is of real benefit to all involved.”
Visit www.warwickshire.gov.uk/fireandrescue for more information.